How to apply for 2022 (cohort 16)
Please go to the page Requirements and read the page carefully. It explains the information and documents that will be requested during the application via our Online Application Tool. We only accept applications made through the Online Application Tool.
Faculty available for supervision in 2022: here (internal link)
Information on funding opportunities: here (internal link)
>> Please do not send any documents to us directly unless we specifically ask for them!
Online tool opens for applications for 2022
3 December 2021, 10:00 a.m. CET
Application deadline for applications for 2022 (cohort 16)
15 January 2022, 23:59:59 CET
Timeline for the application and admission processes in 2022
The online application tool will re-open on 3 December 2021 and close on 15 January 2022.
The interviews for applicants researching the second round will take place in March/April 2022 (if possible: in Berlin, or via Zoom).
If in person in Berlin: Invited applicants will receive financial reimbursement for all or part of their travel expenses (depending on circumstances). Invitations will be sent out 4 weeks in advance to allow for visa applications.
Successful applicants will receive their confirmation of acceptance within one week of interviewing.
The teaching period for the doctoral program starts at the end of September 2022.
Funding available for doctorates starting in 2022 (cohort 16)
- In 2022, a number of “Mind & Brain” scholarships will be available to the best applicants.
- We will also offer two DAAD GSSP scholarships for international student.
- Students with an Einstein Center for Neurosciences (ECN) PhD Fellowship (please check the ECN website) may join the school after the first six months of lab rotations.
- Students accepted into our program but not selected for one of the aforementioned funding sources will receive intensive advice, support and in some cases tie-over funding in order to be able to successfully apply for and join the school with external funding/scholarships.
- Students may also apply and be accepted if they bring their own funding to the school, e.g. a scholarship from a funding organization or funding through their doctoral supervisor's projects.