Embodiments: Exhibition and Workshop
Embodiments is an exhibition that brings together art, philosophy, and cognitive science.
The exhibition features 8 international artists, whose work explores the body, and a day-long workshop with presentations by scholars who study the philosophy, psychology, and history of art. In addition, there will be opportunities for visitors to participate in psychological studies that measure aesthetic experiences while viewing the art on display.
Opening: 1 August, 19.00
Afternoon of talks, discussions, and roundtable with exhibiting artists: 6 August, talks 14.00-16.00, roundtable 16.00-18.00
Exhibition on display and interactive experiments: 1-7 August
- Joerg Fingerhut (HU Berlin / Berlin School of Mind and Brain): "The artifactual body - Neuroaesthetics and its limits"
- Jesse Prinz (CUNY, Einstein Visiting Fellow at Berlin School of Mind and Brain): "Embodiment, Emotion, Empathy, and Art"
- Elena Agudio (Art historian Berlin, Artistic Director AoN): tba
- Fernanda Antola (Berlin / Brazil)
- Rachel Bernstein (New York)
- Valentina Berthelon (Berlin / Chile / Mexico)
- Gina Eickers (Berlin)
- Julia Elsas (New York)
- Muriel Gallardo (Berlin / Chile)
- Katarina Riesing (New York)
- Veronika Witte (Berlin)
Gina Eickers (chief organizer), Muriel Gallardo, Simon Guendelman, Jesse Prinz
Auguststraße 35, 10119 Berlin
More Information and Updates
See www.artandembodiment.com more information and updates about our show and conference.