ASSC 13: Registration now open!
ASSC 13 conference poster (pdf 126 kb)
Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness
Berlin School of Mind and Brain
Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience, Berlin
The thirteenth annual meeting of the Association for the Scientific Study of Consciousness will be held from June 5th to June 8th, 2009, at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain and the Bernstein Center for Computational Neuroscience. Hosted by the renowned Humboldt University, the Berlin School of Mind and Brain is an international graduate research school on the interface of humanities and behavioral sciences with neurosciences. ASSC XIII is intended to promote interdisciplinary dialogue in the scientific study of consciousness. ASSC members as well as non-members are encouraged to submit contributions that address current empirical and theoretical issues in the study of consciousness, from the perspectives of philosophy, neuroscience, psychology, computer science, and cognitive ethology. ASSC XIII will provide an excellent opportunity for the presentation of new empirical findings or novel theoretical perspectives in an atmosphere that will promote discussion and debate.
- Giulio Tononi (University of Wisconsin)
- Susan Carey (Harvard University)
- Patrick Haggard (University College London)
- Jaegwon Kim (Brown University)
- David Papineau (King's College London)
- Valtteri Arstila (University of Turku)
- Olaf Blanke (Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne)
- Peter Brugger (University Hospital, Zurich)
- Zoltan Dienes (University of Sussex)
- Andreas Engel (University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf)
- Ryota Kanai (University College London)
- Alva Noe (University of California, Berkeley)
- Ronald Rensink (University of British Columbia)
- Anil Seth (University of Sussex)
- Michael Tye (The University of Texas at Austin)
- Rufin van Rullen (Faculte de Medecine Rangueil, Toulouse)
- Jamie Ward (University of Sussex).
An additional satellite meeting on ‘Coma and Consciousness’ organized by Steven Laureys will take place on June 4th 2009.
- Hal Blumenfeld (Yale University School of Medicine)
- Melanie Boly (University of Liege)
- Andreas Engel(University Medical Centre Hamburg)
- Joseph Fins (Cornell University)
- Joseph Giacino (JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute)
- Michael Greicius (Stanford University School of Medicine)
- Andrea Kuebler (Roehampton University)
- Steven Laureys (University of Liege)
- Marcello Massimini (University of Milano)
- Adrian Owen (Cambridge)
- Nicholas Schiff (Cornell University)
- Adam Zeman (Peninsula Medical School)
The program committee for ASSC 13:
John-Dylan Haynes, Christof Koch, Michael Pauen, Vincent Walsh, & Patrick Wilken. Please direct any further questions to the local organizers: John-Dylan Haynes, Michael Pauen & Patrick Wilken (mail-please remove this email@example.com).