Travel Awards 2017
Travel Awards to visit the Berlin School of Mind and Brain for one to two months
The Berlin School of Mind and Brain offers awards for 6–8 students for one- to two-month lab visits in Berlin. Awards amount up to 2,500 € (depending on duration and travel costs). The awards will cover a substantial part of the cost of living for the duration of your stay in Berlin (accommodation, food, transportation).
As a Travel Awardee you will work with potential supervisors with a view to elaborating on project ideas for submission to the Berlin School of Mind and Brain's doctoral program. You will take part in events and come into contact with students doing their doctorates as well postdocs through lab rotations and workshops.
During your stay you will not only get to know the lab of the faculty member you applied for but also participate in scientific soft-skill courses and work on your research proposal for the application to the doctoral program.
Preparatory program offered by the school: Information about the application process; courses on grant application writing and/or project development, project budgeting and time management; scientific writing course; mock project presentations; intercultural communication including information about the German academic system.
You will have to make contact with the faculty member you would like to work with and agree on a stay in their lab:
(1) A letter of motivation (detailing your reasons for applying for the travel award and lab you want to visit, your background and research interests; max. 1,000 words)
(2) An outline for the project/research idea you would like to pursue during your planned doctorate (max. 1,000 words);
(3) Your academic CV;
(4) Transcript and certificate of BSc/BA and current transcript of Master studies;
(5) A letter of recommendation (letters of recommendation should be sent by recommenders directly to firstname.lastname@example.org);
(6) Statement of acceptance by the faculty member you want to visit, stating the dates/duration of your stay.
(7) Please send your application in ONE PDF file no larger than 7 MB (YourSurname_TA2017.pdf) to mb-admission-please remove this email@example.com, stating your:
- planned start date,
- planned duration of stay,
- estimated travel costs.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 2017
30 April 2017
TRAVEL PERIOD 2017
Between 1 July and 31 October
In order to be eligible for this award you need to meet the basic eligibility criteria for applying to the School’s doctoral program in 2018; in particular you need to have completed or be in the process of completing a Master’s or equivalent degree in an area of study relevant to the School.
Further details about eligibility criteria for study at the School can be found here (www.mind-and-brain.de/doctoral-program/application/requirements/).
WHO IS MY CONTACT?
Dr Inken Dose
mb-admission-please remove this firstname.lastname@example.org
Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin
Berlin School of Mind and Brain
Unter den Linden 6
Tel.: +49 (0)30 2093-1706, Fax: -1802
Subscribe to our mailing list by sending a blank e-mail to: email@example.com
Unsubscribe by sending a blank e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org