Internship and lab visits
Internships and lab visits: External visitors
The Berlin School of Mind and Brain (M&B) is an institution for graduate education, research, and training at Master and doctoral level. The school's more than 350 members work in more than 80 labs and research groups at six universities in the greater Berlin metropolitan area (Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Technische Universität Berlin, Universität Magdeburg, Universität Leipzig, Universität Potsdam).
(1) Generally, students cannot come to our school for a lab or research visit without a host (the host must be a full member of our school and of his/her respective university, i.e. professor or group leader).
(2) To find a suitable lab or research group for their internships or guest visits, applicants must contact the most relevant labs / working groups / professors directly. The school does not provide information on procedures and availability centrally.
(3) Required status: Visitors generally cannot come for a visit without being matriculated at a university or without being in a university research position. Exceptions will have to be discussed directly with the host and his/her university institute.
(4) ERASMUS students: Please refer to the respective university’s ERASMUS information on their websites! The information for Humboldt-Universität is here (external link).
(5) Please note that all students interested in coming will have to provide proof of their matriculation at home, health insurance, and (if required by the institute) third-party liability insurance (on this insurance, see also here).
(6) Applicants will find members of our school and research groups listed under these headings in the section PEOPLE (internal link):
- Associated Research Groups
- Associated Researchers
- Doctoral candidates
(7) See also the general information (external link here) for international students and guests as provided by Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
Lab roations: Students of the Master’s program “Mind and Brain”
Information about internships and lab rotations for “Mind and Brain” Master’s students is available from the coordinator of the Master’ program.