Since 2006, the Berlin School of Mind and Brain ...
- has established itself as an important center of cooperation between human, social and neurosciences, with great national and international impact.
- - with its specific combination of mind and brain research - is unique in the German scientific landscape.
- has produced a large number of extremely successful doctoral alumni since 2006. So far, they have published hundreds of papers in the most important journals and publishing houses and have found outstanding positions in the scientific community. Six graduates have been appointed to full professorships, and even more to group leader positions.
- promotes the development of young scientists by networking its own master and doctoral programs, post-doctoral programs, and junior professorships with established scientists and several affiliated research groups.
- is a founding member of the Einstein Center for Neurosciences Berlin (ECN), founded in 2016.
- has an excellent scientific staff of 62 professors. They are responsible for doctoral supervision, research and teaching and represent the areas of consciousness, decision-making, language, learning, social thinking and neuro-psychiatric diseases.
- is central to the close networking of university research (Humboldt-Universität, Freie Universität and Technische Universität in Berlin as well as the universities of Potsdam, Magdeburg, Leipzig), clinical research (Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin) and non-university research (Max Planck Institutes in Berlin and Leipzig; Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine Berlin-Buch) in the Berlin metropolitan area.
- was awarded first prize (summa cum laude) as “Einstein Doctoral Program 2017-2019” by the Einstein Foundation Berlin, in a competition of the best Berlin doctoral programs in 2017. With the Einstein Doctoral Program Award, the Einstein Foundation Berlin honors outstandingly successful structured doctoral programs at Berlin universities and Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin.
- has been supporting the DFG Cluster of Excellence Science of Intelligence of the Technical University and Humboldt-Universität since 2018 in the establishment of a graduate school for the interdisciplinary training of doctoral candidates in the cluster.
- has been given the responsibility to establish the DFG Research Training Group 2386 “Extrospection. External Access to Higher Cognitive Processes” for the years 2018–2023.
- is one of the hosting institutions for doctoral candidates and fast-track students of the national Max Planck School of Cognition since 2018.
This page last updated on: 20 November 2020