International postdocs  

International postdocs and visitors

Research in Germany

How to obtain a doctorate in Germany

Special information for postdocs

Publications on the topic
The German Research Landscape; Career & Funding; Research in Germany - Neurosciences

Information on employment and scholarships

Please see: Jobs and scholarships

M&B Guests: First point of contact

Queries about Visa, residence permits, registration, etc.: Please contact our central office first. We will then fill in a form for the Humboldt-Universität Welcome Center with your details and dates and pass it on to them.

Humboldt-Universität International Scholar Services / Welcome Centre

To facilitate its international scientists' entry into the professional environment in Germany and to ensure the university becomes an even more attractive place to work, HU has opened a service centre for international researchers and doctoral students: website link

International Scholar Services would like to ensure that your time at Humboldt-Universität and in Berlin gets off to a good start. We help you take care of all the important non-academic affairs that you will face before your arrival and in the first few weeks after you have arrived – from applying for a visa to obtaining health insurance or opening a bank account. We support during your stay and also advise you on what you need to do before you leave Berlin.

The International Scholar Services is centrally located in the main university building, where two team members will offer their support and advice.

Some guidance: M&B Handbook

“Handbook for international students and guests” to the Berlin School of Mind and Brain (download pdf 500 kb)


This page last updated on: 12 January 2018