Postdoctoral position (stipend-based) “Neuroimaging in Social Cognition”
Deadline: 2 June 2014
Postdoctoral position (stipend-based) in “Neuroimaging in Social Cognition”
A postdoctoral position (stipend-based, see below) in the area “Neuroimaging in Social Cognition” is available immediately in our group “Social Cognition” at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (Professor Isabel Dziobek).
Our research focus: Empathy, mindreading, emotion, decision making in social contexts in neurotypical individuals and those with psychiatric disorders involving social dysfuction such as autism and personality disorders. We use tools such as functional and structural magnetic resonance imaging, eyetracking, and psychophysiological measures to investigate brain-behavior-interactions.
The successful candidate will have strong quantitative skills and be knowledgeable about social cognitive neuroscience in functional imaging and preferably also in eyetracking and psychophysics. The position will be available for three years with potential for extention based on performance and availability of funding.
Research, education and training at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain focuses on the interface between the humanities and the neurosciences. The school is situated in a lively part of central Berlin. More information about the school and its research environment can be found on this website.
To apply, please apply (isabel.dziobek-please remove this firstname.lastname@example.org) with your cover letter and CV (in one pdf file) and up to 5 reprints in pdf format. Files should be named as follows:
Please note: The max. size for all files sent in one mailing is 6 MB!
Applications received within four weeks after publication (6 May 2014) will be assured full consideration.
- PhD/doctorate in psychology, medicine, cognitive (neuro-)science, neurobiology or any other relevant field
- Solid background in statistics, experience with one neuroimaging method, psychophysics, or eyetracking
- Expertise in Matlab or equivalent programming languages
- Evidence of published peer-reviewed research
- Excellent skills in written and spoken German
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Strong motivation
Terms and conditions
- Position is to start as soon as possible,
- Position is available for three years from individual starting date,
- Position is stipend-based,
- Stipend amounts are age-dependent and come to (average) 1,550 euros per month,*
*until 30 years of age: 1,365 + 103 (allowance for other costs) = 1,468 euros per month; from 31 till 34 years of age: 1,416 + 103 (allowance for other costs) = 1,519 euros per month; from 35 till 38 years of age: 1,467 + 103 (allowance for other costs) = 1,570 euros per month; from 39 years of age: 1,518 + 103 (allowance for other costs) = 1,621 euros per month
- Child allowance of 400 Euro for the first child under 12 years of age and 100 Euro for each further child younger than 12 years of age,
- Stipend holders must make their own health insurance arrangements,
- Position published on 6 May 2014. Applications received within four weeks after publication (2 June 2014) will be assured full consideration.